Monday, September 22, 2008

Conversations are us

Saleem and I talk.

A lot.

Over this Friday and weekend, if I clocked just our conversation time - it would be in double digit Hours.

We are always ready for a great conversation over a chai or a coffee. It's never-ending and it just goes on. Politics, Philosophy, Religion, Relationships, Marriage, Personal Lives, Common Friends, Scandals, Who'z where, Dogs, Financial Crises, U.S Elections, Communal Violence, Bananas, Coffee, Headphones, Mobile Phones, Apple Cakes, Films, Film Reviews, TV Ads, TV Shows, Shoes, College, Youngsters, Elders.... I could go on...

What is it like to be friends for 8 years and still not be able to run out of topics?

I know.

In fact, I now realize - all my close friends - this has been a common thread. We talk. I have no friends - who are strong, silent types. We are all happy chatterboxes - being cheap, silly, witty and occasionally deep.

I wonder what its like for others?

1 comment:

Saleem said...

totally agree macha....the no of talking hrs almost equates to the no of sleeping hrs ...he he ...
this was/is also a common thread b/w me n krishna mahesh..